HSM Question + Fusion 360 won't launch for me

Hi,

Also does DMS have access to Inventor HSM in any flavor? It doesn’t seem to be installed on the server. No CAM menu in any version of Inventor.

Also I’m having problems getting Fusion 360 to launch. No error. It just shows up in the processes until I have to force quit it.

Anyone have a workaround/fix for this?

Thanks,
Andy

DMS has access to all Autodesk products. Inventor w/ HSM was installed at one point, it may have gotten lost in the migrations. I’ll look and get it installed if it’s missing.
No idea on 360, I’ve never used it.

Fusion has HSM integrated into it. Fusion seems to open fine for me on the jump. @bscharff may be able to help

1 Like

If it’s working for some users, I probably can’t do anything about it… I’d suggest opening it and giving it some time to open. If it never opens, open a ticket and I can delete your profile.

1 Like

Yeah, it might be like Inkscape, which takes upwards of 45 minutes to launch the first time, but then runs like a champ after that each and every time. :smile:

1 Like

I opened a ticket.

Ref
I-000083

Will deleting the profile affect anything on the members fileshare server? (I am assuming no)

Thank you!

Nope. Only if you saved it on the jump server itself (which is a no-no)

Thank You, Brooks!

After the reset I have HSM in Inventor.

However I’m not sure Fusion 360 is going to launch… Seems to be acting the same as before.

-Andy

I installed HSM this afternoon.

I also opened a ticket, r-000102 on not being able to launch fusion as well. I’d be happy to troubleshoot more however my windows skills are a bit dated and I’d need some guidance. I didn’t see anything jump out at me in the event logs, no windows or notifications blocking anything, etc.

Unfortunately, I can’t help with that. May I ask why you want to use Fusion?

Learning more or less. No troubles for you or machine shop though specifically; I just wanted to add a note to the discussion as another person having issues with the Jump install of Fusion and willing to troubleshoot or pursue the profile reset.

Fusion uses a technology called T-Splines I would like to get some experience using them. Although fusion is pretty much free for education I think it would make an easier workflow if we could use the one thats already installed on the server.

http://www.tsplines.com/products/fusion360.html

Andy

I have no idea how to fix the problem. It doesn’t work for me either, and infrastructure has passed on it. If you have any ideas I’m happy to try them out.

I think Inventor 2015 has the T-Spline capability.

Its pretty cool. I was able to take a solid mesh and convert it into a T-Spline object with one click. I don’t have much experience with inventor but it may have a similar conversion feature.

I’ve asked Infrastructure to reset my profile and offered to help troubleshoot. My ticket is dispatched but low priority which seems fair to me.

If nothing else I’ve a technical background and have been considering joining the merry band known as infrastructure. Maybe I’ll go dig in and fix it at some point :slight_smile:

Zombie thread alert. Seriously.
But I’m wondering if Fusion 360 ever got fixed for these folks, and/or if it works for most folks who try it. Now that it’s the intended anointee for HAAS I am wondering if there will be a bigger effort to make it work in the JUMP environment…

So… Is it just me who can’t use it in JUMP?
Would opening a Issue/Request help me?

Thank you!