How to use lightburn remotely?

Hello! I am trying to design work remotely so I do not have to take up a computer, but Lightburn is requiring me to be connected to a Laser, which I do not have lol.

Is there a way around this so I can design at home?

Thank you!

Doubt that you’re going to be able to remote into one of DMS’s design computers for this.

Seems like you could use the parameters for the laser of your choice just to establish bounds and allow tweaking of the job settings without needing a real live laser connected.

Otherwise, I end up doing most of my job setup in an intermedia production file that I do slight tweaking of on a throwaway cut file for the actual run.

To use lightburn that’s on the jump server (or at home), you’ll need to set up the parameters for the laser you’re using.

Set the controller to Ruida USB and then either 600x900mm for the normal, and 1000x1600mm for big thunder: Thunder Laser - Dallas Makerspace. The important thing, really, is just the size so that you know your boundaries.

You can then save the file and bring it in, and finalize your tweaks at the laser computers. You will only ever be able to connect to the lasers from those 3 computers.

2 Likes

Perfect thank you so much! That worked!

1 Like