How to make an online course?

I’m a teacher in the metal shop and a lot of my class time is spent towards hot process safety, reason being that our hot process safety classes are severely lacking in several places. Ideally we’d do a train the trainers type situation but I know it’s hard to schedule something like that.

So the next best thing is an online course that people can take that covers everything, unfortunately I do not know how to create an online course for the online learning section of the makerspace website. So if anyone does know and/or can give me the ability to do that it would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Atlas, I would also help the hot process instructor with some of your feedback. @dryad2b
We can all appreciate feedback, especially if it helps our classwork. I always ask my students what could we have done differently.

1 Like

This is probably something that we should all discuss in a Metal Shop committee meeting.

3 Likes

Metal shop meeting this coming Saturday.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/18204

1 Like

@coloneldan How does blacksmithing handle hot process safety, is there a blacksmithing specific safety class or do you require our existing hot process class?

@FriendlyTitan I was planning on discussing hot process safety at our meeting next Saturday, if you have any slides or a word doc send it to me.
Thx
Randy

1 Like

I do know that blacksmithing just has their safety built into their basic course. HPS is just for metal shop.

We should have a deck on the committee drive that we go off of.

1 Like

I give a blacksmithing specific safety class before every class. I also administer a quiz.

Dan

1 Like

When dealing with metal over 2000 degrees F and causing scale to fly from it by hitting the steel often, it requires good safety equipment and safety processes.

We’ve actually had people come and think they can blacksmith in shorts and flip flops. It just isn’t going to happen.

1 Like