How to engrave the full word instead of each letter?

Doing laser etching on Pyrex dishes and the laser is doing each letter individually. Is there a way to force it to do the entire line of text? I’m assuming this will be faster…

is it still text? as in you are using a typestyle on the computer?

I don’t have any idea what software you’ve used thus far, but if I were creating artwork for laser output, I would have created it in Adobe Illustrator, then converted the typestyle to “curves” (it would not be editable text anymore) via Text/Create outlines.

Then, if the typestyle that was used was something that linked, like a script font, I would select all of the items and go to the Pathfinder option, and click on the icon that looks like two solid boxes that are no longer individual.

Go into the ‘scan’ options by double clicking the color in the list on the right side of the main RDWorks window and turn off ‘Independent output’. It’ll be a checkbox on the right hand side of the new window (the Scan options) I believe.

3 Likes

The independent output option did the trick. Good reminder to use the preview feature to see how the job will process.

Changing this option reduced the run time by almost 80%.

Thanks all!

4 Likes