How to complete HAAS training

I took the HAAS class 2 years ago and would like to finish training and become proficient with this machine. I never made the domino and don’t know if this is still a requirement. Will someone advise as to next steps I should take?

1 Like

@Team_Machine_Shop
__

@nicksilva is the primary contact on the Haas certification. The CAD part for the domino is given to you. You create the CAM part - tools, tool paths, etc. The final checkout is you setting up the Haas and making the domino under observation by Nick (or?). After passing the domino test, you will need to do 1 - possibly more - projects of your own design/setup under observation.

Think all the info/files are out on the server.
Committees Drive > Machineshop > Training > Haas

Long Sigh…I need to do this too…

4 Likes

What @artg_dms said. However if it was 2 years ago your files may no longer be valid. We no longer support FeatureCam. You’re files need to be in fusion360.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat as night ranger. I’ve taken the Class back in the FeatureCAM days but never finished my Domino. I think (correct me if I’m wrong) that the HAAS class is basically the same as in the FeatureCAM days except it is taught using Fusion360. The rest of the training related to operating the HAAS is still the same.

I’ve been spending a lot of time learning Fusion360 on my own. What I’d like to do is the following if the Committee and HAAS Instructor are OK with this.

1. Have someone send me the Fusion360 Domino Model.

2. Someone send me an Exported copy of our HAAS tool library so I can add it to my Fusion360 software on my Laptop.

3. Let me build the CAM/G-Code for the Domino project and have it checked by the Instructor.

4. Assuming the CAM/G-Code checks out, let me finish the training by milling the Domino.

Who do I contact regarding this? Is it @nicksilva or is there now someone else that I should speak to. (From the last committee meeting notes I get the impression Nick is really busy.)

Thanks in advance everyone.

Beau

1 Like

since you were able to attend tonight, just get your files in order and submit for approval and schedule your checkout.

1 Like