How powerful is the AR-15?

Very.
It’s powerful enough to change corporate thinking.

How do I get one of those 40mm grenade launcher for my 15?

Plus, I thought the G36 was considered one of the top assault rifles designed?

I recall reading some time ago that the G36 wasn’t as accurate as it was made out to be but the story wasn’t made that much of a big deal in media.

1 Like

What the hell’s an “assault rifle”?

5 Likes

According to a Wikipedia (yah I know, :roll_eyes:):

An assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.[1][2][3][4][5] Assault rifles were first used during World War II.[6][7][8] Though Western nations were slow to accept the assault rifle concept, by the end of the 20th century they had become the standard weapon in most of the world’s armies, replacing full-powered rifles and sub-machine guns in most roles.[8] Examples include the StG 44, AK-47 and the M16 rifle.[8]

The term assault rifle is generally attributed to Adolf Hitler, who for propaganda purposes used the German word “Sturmgewehr” (which translates to “storm rifle” or “assault rifle”), as the new name for the MP43, subsequently known as the Sturmgewehr 44 or StG 44.[6][8][9][10][11][12][13][14] However, other sources dispute that Hitler had much to do with coining the new name besides signing the production order.[15] The StG 44 is generally considered the first selective fire military rifle to popularize the assault rifle concept.[6][8] Today, the term assault rifle is used to define firearms sharing the same basic characteristics as the StG 44.[6][8]

Apparently, Hitler coined the term…now I know why the libtard media is awash in the term. :bulb::money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Any gun that scares Pelosi, Charlie, or a reporter.

7 Likes

Class 3 destructive devices.

1 Like

There’s got to be a better way :thinking:. The gubmint is too slow, but the time I get through all the red tape, we’ll be knee deep in the midst of the zombie apocalypse already…:grimacing:

1 Like

You can get a 37mm flare attachment.
I wouldn’t want to be shot by that either.

2 Likes

I was thinking more or a pipe and cut out a trigger on the plasma cam and build some kind of launch mechanism, then I just need an armament. Home made powder perhaps and a container for it. :books:

1 Like

Well, anything more than signaling is I think required DD stamp. I put an emphasis on I think. I haven’t read that law.

Me and my buddies made a powder of salt peter, sulfur and charcoal once as a kid and we lit it on fire and it actually melted the concrete. It was cool.

1 Like

This appears to be an oxymoron.

3 Likes

Boy, is that Tatcicool!!!

But it is still 5.56 nato.

2 Likes

Looks like a modified US military rifle. I like the changeable barrel.

It kinda reminds me of the DOLO’s. That’s on my list of wants.

Not 40mm, but 37mm. Launches flares and smoke bombs. Not a DD, and completely legal.

1 Like

I like the knurled barrel grip on the hand guard on their barrel system.

As typically misused by popular media, it is any firearm the writer thinks is scary-looking.
In the real world it is, generally speaking, a select-fire short light rifle or carbine firing an intermediate-power cartridge effective to 3 or 400 yards, intended for short and medium range combat. The original AK-47 or M-16 (and NOT the semi-auto civilian derivatives) would be typical examples. The German StG-44 of WWII fame is the grand-daddy of 'em all.

Building or acquiring a functional grenade launcher without first satisfying BATFE registration requirements will bring down the wrath of federal law enforcement upon you (think “SWAT team assault on your home”) about 90 seconds after one of your dumb-ass friends shoots off his mouth about it, resulting in massive fines and a long prison sentence, assuming you survive the arrest process. The BATFE, in light of today’s political climate does not joke around about this shit and something you may have done just for the fun of it can result in ghastly consequences for you and yours.
Either go with a legal 37mm flare launcher or take up knitting.

1 Like