How or where do we sign up for the " Build a RepRap" at?

How or where do we sign up for the " Build a RepRap" at? I checked schedule but no link.

What is the bed size for the Polyprinter?

I just glanced over the website. This looks pretty cool.

Is there any reason I would want to self build a different 3D printer as opposed to this one?

I’m not sure on what size was agreed upon yet.

They have not given me an Eventbrite link to sign up and pay yet, it’s too early I guess.

The polyprinters have a 223mm build platform size, which is about 9 inches.

With the Mendel 90 I plan the class building we will use the standard 200mm MK2 heated build platform which is a pretty standard size build platform. We could use any size platform we want since the Mendel 90 is adaptable, it’s just we would have to find or make a bigger build platform.

The class is intended for those who would like to learn how to build their own 3D printer. Buying a pre-made 3D printer or kit is a great option but this is a good way to learn how they work.

Remember, I had it rescheduled for Feb 7th.

Thanks Mitch, looking forward to it. The T-80 is impressive, nice to see
one print what the mind can create. Very detailed.

I must have missed something…so I guess we are having a build your own 3D printer class? Any details available ahead of the link?

So far it’s building a Mendel90. And I believe start date is Feb7. Look at the calendar and also a poster is at the Space in the front.

Here y’all go…

Y’all might want to keep an eye out for changes, etc… until Mitch (@themitch22) gets a chance to check it out 'n confirm accuracy, as I am on my phone and didn’t “proof” the info - just copied the link. :wink: :slight_smile:

Thank you @LisaSelk That sounds accurate, although I know like 20% or something goes to DMS so I’m hoping I get at least 15 people in the class and we would have enough to source the parts.

Part of my plan is to have a BOM for the Mendel 90’s, I think I will have enough money and people signed up to actually build two. The Rostock Prisma and my own delta 3D printer will probably be taken apart for parts to help offset the sourcing of the parts.

The class will be at least 6-8 months.

@Clayton Here’s a direct link to the calendar event page

1 Like

Thank You Ms. Selk. If there is a cost list on parts let me know maybe one can purchase the parts when MakerSpace does then assemble later when convenient.

The BOM (bill of materials) with price list will be provided in the class, once I compile a list of the best prices locally, I want to avoid cheap chinese parts if I can.

1 Like

Is there any plans to do the next build class yet? I missed this last one and I’m interested, thanks!

The next class is on the calendar, the 21st. The eventbrite link is closed, the class is full but if you want to join, you can write me a check, I’ll try to get your in if you’re interested.