How do I go about getting lift training? Also other questions

I looked over the calendar and all I could find was committee meetings. Which I’m down for as well but I wanted to get cleared to work on my Nissan there.

Would anyone know if someone near the DMS does flywheel resurfacing?

Would anyone be willing to help me with a clutch replacement? Never done it before but I’ve watched a ton of videos and read through several guides as well as the Haynes manual.

Be nice to have someone at least near by that would tell me before I royally ruin something. But I get that’s a time consuming job and I don’t expect anyone to be there the whole time.

Thanks in advanced!

What year make model engine will help on the clutch info and help.

I cannot help until sometim after Christmas at the earliest and that would be after the others I have waiting for help.

You may want to call a few local machine shops for flywheel resurfacing. However if it is a dual mass flywheel like in many of today’s vehicles- you’ll have to replace it.

1 Like

My bad I didn’t even think about. It’s a 1986 nissan 300ZX NA 3.0L V6 and to my knowledge it can be resurfaced. Replacing it would suck since the cheapest I can find for it is a performance flywheel upgrade around $500.

That is an easy clutch!
A really long extension and flex socket on an air impact makes the bell housing bolts much easier.
Yes that is a traditional flywheel & can be ground (resurfaced).

1 Like

The clutch is easy but there’s like a dozen different things in the way of dropping the trans.

Also how do I go about getting approved to use the lift and tools?

What I meant was…everything related to performing the the task of replacing the clutch on that model automobile is much easier than many other vehicles, based on my decades of actual hands on automotive work experience (not you tube). Without the use of the lift you could expect to get it done in a few hours without rushing things. With the use of the lift - much easier and much more accessible.

Lift training is one on if none are posted - there are a handful qualified to train. it is a brief class. I am unavailable until after the Christmas season…

based on my decades of actual hands on automotive work experience (not you tube).

Well can’t argue with that. Thanks for your help and I’ll shoot you a message after the Holiday’s. Thanks for all the info as well. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

I may be able to squeeze in a one on one the day or two after Christmas in the evening.

I’ll PM you my cell. If I’m unable to then Tom may get you after the holidays.

-Jim

I’m also wanting to be able to use the lift in the near future and have a ton of free time after Christmas so if you work something out with Paravane I’d most likely be able to come up at the same time.