How can we get Zing running?

Who is responsible for the Zing? Has anybody been able to use it since it moved to Glassworks? I have failed repeatedly and I can’t figure out from this other old post who is able to help.

@Team_Infrastructure … One problem seems to be that it has no network access and thus can’t access the right software. Could the laser be moved into the open table area adjacent to Glassworks? Is there network access out there? It’s self-contained with its own filters and there is a lot of space.

I volunteered to create a one-page cheat sheet so people can use it in its new location but got no nibbles of interest.

If it’s actually usable in its current configuration, can we get someone to whisper a few hints about how to use it so more people can use it?

Yes please! It would be great to get this little guy up and running for small jobs and more delicate things…leather, papers, etc. Lower power is not a bad thing. I’m not a laser pro, but willing to learn if it’s a matter of needing folks to help maintain it.

1 Like

Alternately -
since what Epilog uses is just a printer driver it could be loaded to the PC that runs the zing for direct access. Barring that, you can download the driver to your own laptop (maybe not mac. Sorry Chris) and plug into the zing USB directly. It may not be what management wants, but it is not doing anyone any good as is.

An Ethernet cable connection would be ideal. However if it’s portable or not possible we can install a wireless adapter.

Pretty sure @heyheymama was using it just the other weekend. I’ll be at the space today and can test it.

2 Likes

If you succeed, I’m interested in knowing how to get the software panel that allows you to specify settings.

1 Like

@mreynolds …DITTO what @John_Marlow said…

I couldn’t get my hands on it last night as Stephenie was using it. I asked her to respond to this thread when she gets time

1 Like

We should be able to get this running and useful for the masses. It uses a print driver like my ULS laser does, so it is just a matter of having design software on a machine that can produce the correct vector graphics for the Epilog print driver to translate into vector cuts and raster engraving.

1 Like

Zing’s running just fine.

1 Like

That’s great to know. Nick Silva and I tried it a few weeks ago. When we printed the file we couldn’t get the control interface (for lack of a precise term) to come up to set the laser power. What should I be doing? TIA.