How can I help in Digital Media?

Hey @Team_Digital_Media,

I’ve noticed there’s a pretty big transition underway in the Digital Media room, and I was wondering: how can I help?

Do we have any committee meetings and/or elections coming up?

3 Likes

I don’t know the complete status but here is what I know is done and what needs to be done.

Done:
2 workstations set up for design. These should have the full Adobe suite.
Green screen painted.
Lighting set up

Needs to be done:
Move the photo area from next to glass to the old lobby
Set up a computer for the vr system
Set up the sensors for the vr system and map the room

There is more than that to be done, but at least that’s somewhere to start.

I’ll be around the space tomorrow and can help with these things.

1 Like

In order to teach classes, Adobe licenses for the computer lab are needed. @jast is looking into this.

Awesome! I’ll be up there for the streaming cart class, and likely earlier. Definitely up for tackling some of those tasks.

Today, I managed to track down most of the camera batteries and chargers and place them nearish their respective cameras.

Last weekend, I helped @fedakkee relocate anything that looked expensive to the cabinet.

I’m working on a second prototype of an RFID access controller for cabinets, and can install one on the Digital Media cabinet if there’s interest. It can provide some basic logging of who opened the cabinet and when.

1 Like

Thank you. Please coordinate with @georgekellas regarding the RFID.

If you see a Scarlett 2i2 audio interface please report back. It disappeared immediately after donation with no word as to where it was stored to begin with

1 Like

Sure thing. Will be on the lookout for it.

And in the “well, isn’t that interesting” notes, George isn’t on the team-digital-media tag…

3 Likes

That is now fixed. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

2 Likes

Did the VR ever get setup? I haven’t seen it. If not I’d volunteer for that, or whatever else I can do to help out with Digital Media.

VR is not setup currently. In all the cleaning efforts that went on, I need to get everything together. Would love a second set of hands to set it up.

Just a reminder… We are hosting our monthly committee meeting and election this Saturday.

2 Likes

HTC Vive equipment located. 95% of parts seem to be there, save for the mounting brackets for the sensors. I’ve ordered those and work on getting the room ready for install.

Be on the lookout for VR events in the future.

3 Likes