Hosting videos for Wiki?

I’d like to take and post links to some video instructions on how to use some of the tools in the Leather-working cabinet.

Does a location already exist?

The videos would be short, maybe a few minutes at most. There are some things that are better demonstrated than written out, like how to assemble our newer Hand Press, and showing examples of each of the die sets and their use.

Once hosted, I’d like to add links to these videos to the wiki, then some QR codes on the tools or cabinet for easy access.

Thusfar I think the only official DMS instruction video(s) are hosted via Youtube.

If you would like your videos to be on “the official youtube” (one of them anyhow) I’d be happy to help you!

As far as I can tell right now the only instructional video for DMS is the video of Mitch explaining how to load the polyprinter.

1 Like

I think that would be fine if it’s ok to use it this way. This could easily generate a dozen or so videos just for Leather though in time.

3 Likes

The DMS youtube pages aren’t being used at all right now. I would LOVE to get some content flowing to give folks a reason to subscribe.

Let me know if you need help in the production phase too, I know it can be cumbersome to operate a camera while instructing.

3 Likes

I didn’t even think to ask for help there, but yes that would be great. These aren’t fancy at all, I just think they’d be more useful than reading a page of instructions. I’ll ping you when I’m ready to chat, thanks again!

1 Like

One should be able to post those inside moodle.

Could I link to the video from the wiki without requiring a member to have to enroll in a course?

I don’t see any reason why there would be that kind of restriction.