Host a class on Thursday for Digital Media

Work has gotten in the way of the rest of my life this week, so I’m reaching out to see if anyone wants to help out Digital Media with a class?

My day job is in video production, and I have a friend who really wants to start up a user group for a particular piece of video software called Davinci. He has a good track record of starting groups like this and he asked if a class on the software would be a good fit at the Makerspace. I have registered a class for this Thursday the 19th at 6:30 (no honorarium) but I am not going to be able to make it to the space as I am out of town for work.

Would anyone be available to assist in hosting the class? It would consist of making sure that any new people walking in for the meeting/class sign the waiver and just hanging out to be the official DMS member. My friend has the class itself well handled, so you don’t need to know anything about video editing or media at all.

He is hoping to stop by the space tomorrow afternoon as well to bring his iMac in and test it in the Lecture Hall (the room we have booked) to ensure a smooth presentation on Thursday.

If anyone (especially anyone wanting to learn more about video editing and post-production) would be interested, we would be grateful for your assistance!

1 Like