Horizontal bandsaw blade problem

Was sandblasting some pinball legs and while walking back and forth I noticed this saw:

Had a nasty break in the blade:

Alan cut the blade in 2 and another member removed it… It’ll need a new blade installed.

RJ

1 Like

Anyone know where to buy a blade on a Sunday? I used it with that chunk missing all last week cutting the trebuchet metal and it did ok.

While it may have worked, that was a terrible idea.

1 Like

While bandsaw blades often play nice when the break, when they don’t, it can be particularly nasty. Immagine 6 plus feet of flexible toothed metal squirting out of the saw in totally random directions.

4 Likes

I contacted @dallasmagna to let him know. Picked up the blade that was left on the shop floor, zip tied together, and deposited it safely in the dumpster.

6 Likes

Well, that sucks. They were taking the saw’s covers off to get the blade out when I left. Had I known they were going to leave it on the floor I would’ve stuck around and given them 3 pounds of shit for doing that.

6 Likes

No biggie. It got done and no one got hurt. At least that I’m aware of.

1 Like

New blade installed in horizontal bandsaw, after about 5 cuts was able to dial it in to cutting fairly perpendicular

I ordered this blade from amazon

2 Likes

Yeah, sorry about that. Walked off to find some way of dealing with it and got distracted.

1 Like