Holiday Tree & Introduction

Hello Everyone!

For those of you that don’t know me, I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Bri Gearhart. I am the Chair of Ceramics and Blacksmithing, as well as they Member Services Coordinator. I am looking forward to working with you all in any adventure this place has to offer. I wanted to make sure to introduce myself as well as share some exciting news with you.

If you come into DMS after today you will see that we have put up a Holiday Tree in the DMS Lobby. While it is very pretty, it is lacking a bit. We are calling all makers to join us in making the best DMS tree ever! We want makers to make the ornaments on the tree. You can make it out of whatever material you would like, just something festive. There are a lot of winter holidays, so it doesn’t have to be Yule or Christmas related. Show us your personality, what brings you to DMS, something special you have acquired since coming to DMS.

Our goal is to bring in some festive work and also to show examples of things our makers make while here. This will be beneficial to those coming to take tours as they can see what amazing potential they have here.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me and ask away.
Holiday Tree

16 Likes

8 Likes

We already have some beautiful ornaments on the tree! String and hooks are available in the common room for anyone who needs it for their ornament.

Pictures of the ornaments!!

6 Likes

Spotted a new ornament on the tree while I was in tonight. Don’t know who made it – but good work! :heart:

8 Likes

@madisonworthington made that one.

8 Likes

8 Likes

Is there any problem with me adding 12 ornaments? I make a 12 days of Christmas set of ornaments that includes one for each verse of the song.

8 Likes

A problem with it? I think this sounds AMAZING! I love the idea

3 Likes

That would be wonderful!!!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for that! I can’t wait to see them!

Ornaments - thank you all! The tree looks great! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The 12 Days of Christmas are on the tree.

14 Likes

Those are beautiful!!! Thank you!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Those are so awesome! Thank you!

1 Like

Added this one today!

15 Likes

These are so cool! Did you make the designs too?

Unfortunately no, I got the design from a scrollsaw magazine many years ago.

1 Like

Microwave fusing

14 Likes

Still super cool! I’d love to make a set if you’re ok with sharing the files!

2 Likes

Oh awesome! I was really looking forward to the result, and it looks great!