Notes I remember are as follows:
Currently we anticipate total weight to be in the neighborhood of 1lb (not counting balloon), which gives a 60k ft burst altitude with 6m/s ascent rate, and my 32" rocket parachute can give a descent rate of 4m/s.
Nick made a good case for the Pixhawk, and since it seems like a generally better solution we've decided to run with it. It sounded like Nick was extraordinarily familiar with it so we should be good.
Robert (I believe) suggested aiming to land at Caddo ntl. grasslands; after looking at maps I'm not sure if we have anything better to try, although now that I think about it we might out to check that it isn't 90% forest. Also, there were concerns that might be rather close to an air corridor. Initial runs on the predictor website suggest we will land quite a ways away (20 miles or so), which leads me to ...
We discussed having multiple ground teams. With 2 teams, we can station one at the predicted landing site. With more ... I can see how we might use a third to get eyes on the balloon asap, but mostly they'd be scattered in the predicted landing region
region. Although something I just thought of that we didn't bring up is a 50 minute flight would give the launch crew a lot of time to pack and go 20 miles to retrieve.
I'm happy aprs worked after I left. I wasn't sure how difficult that would be. I have to admit I'm leaning on y'all since I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to ham radio.
Action items were that Nick would focus primarily on his pixhawk and other electronics, Robert would look into aprs, and I would do ground equipment gathering. We will also reach out to the FAA (maybe through Romeo) for this first (non-drone) launch and bare minimum establish a dialogue; preferably they will tell us what they need us to do. With aprs solved (in theory), Robert may need something else to do. I'm having trouble thinking of things that aren't covered; maybe balloon detail design (what type of cable to use, how the payload will be attached, possibly a smaller icebox, icebox ventilation, etc.).
We also discussed drop testing from a drone.
I'm thinking most of what's left is detail stuff. No major uncertainties at this point in my mind. I think if we had 4 of us working 8 hour days it'd be done by this weekend.
We set a target launch timeframe at mid/late September to give Robert time for his schedule to clear out for launch. I think that gives 3 or 4 biweekly meetings remaining if we don't count the one Robert will miss.
I think that covers the important things.