Hi ....... We are new!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Jamie and my husband, Nathaniel, and I just sign up for Makerspace!!
We had our first tour last Thursday and did a resin class on Saturday.

We are SOOOO excited to be part of this space and want to eventually try just about everything! BUT…our current project is going to be a resin “river” table…we are obviously going to start with a few smaller things to learn our way around.

Any help with this or anyone who just wants to say hi - we are super friendly and would LOVE to meet you whether you are into resin or not! We are from Australia and New Zealand - pretty cool story how we ended up here in Dallas. We love to travel, make friends, eat good food and be CREATIVE!!

See ya around!

Jamie and Nathaniel

20 Likes

Hi and welcome!
One of the first things you have to learn is that posts have to be at least 20 characters and that’s why I’m writing this second sentence.

7 Likes

I met Jamie and Nathaniel on Saturday.
They’ll be prototyping their resin river table in a piece suitable for inclusion in the 10x10 show.
What a way to jump into DMS culture!

Welcome aboard and Happy Making!

6 Likes

Welcome to the Land Upover! Welcome to Makerspace. I think the idea of starting of with a 10" x 10" (25.4cm x 25.4cm in non-moon walker units) is an awesome idea for setting started.

Look forward to seeing you.

1 Like

Welcome, my quick intro is Hi I m Cairenn, I m short, fat, old loud, talkative and opinionated. If I m too loud or too talkative onr if my opinion makes you uncomfortable Let me know It wont bother me

You will find me mostly in Jewelry sometimes in clay glass or CA or hanging out in the common room
I teach some of the more unusual jewelry class Others including Terry can teach you to case , Joeseph can teach you ot made a fine gold or silver ring, I can teach you how to make neat jewelry out of copper, even aluminum trays a and interesting non standard wire wrap, Jeanie is the go to for traditional wire wrap, Tony is our chain mail expert and Sue
can show you how to make fork and spoon ans a small bowl, Ann, Naderia and many others teach a wide variety of classes My newest thing is andonizing niobium

Come and take a jewelry class, many of the them are make ant take it

I LOVE the resin river tables, and I have on friends from Oz and NZ

Come by and say hi

2 Likes

Welcome to the Space!

I LOVE riverbed tables and I look forward to seeing your work! Let me know if you have any questions about doing wood-resin hybrid items as I have a smidge of experience in that area :slight_smile:

If you want to learn how to make a resin hybrid pen blank, check out this class- https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/7225

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! We are really excited to get into some classes and start working on our project!

3 Likes

Welcome!! If you need help with anything just grab me when you see me!

1 Like