Hi! I was wondering when a chair or someone with a ton of knowhow will be in 3D fab

Hi! I have been a member for 6+ years and have taken the 3D fab class. I even own a Ender 3 Pro at home. However, in 3D fab class, etc. they don’t go over the more detailed settings, etc. and I was wondering when the next time someone will be in 3D fab so that I could bring in my Ender 3 Pro and show them the troubles I am having with my first few layers of a print. That would be an amazing help!!

Ahhh, you have discovered one of the trickiest things about 3D filament printing, how to make the base stick!

There are 5 factors mainly, and Kisslicer addresses 4 of them effectively:

1. Rafts
  2. Brims
  3. 1st layer thickness
  4. 1st layer speed

The 5th Factor is the Printing Surface. This includes the texture and temperature of the printing bed, and the base alignment.

At the end of this is a trade-off between materials, time, and accuracy. The truth is that nobody gets it right the 1st time, every time. There are fudge factors.

1 Like

@pjrezai,

My 11 year old grandson received the $99 printer for Christmas as well. We started assembling per the instructions until I found Chep’s videos below. My plan is to rebuild per Chep’s recommendations- making sure everything is square, etc.

If we are successful, I would be willing to show you and others what we did/learned.

3 Likes