Help with metal work ideas for game

Anyone have some ideas/suggestions on how to make the metal pieces for this? Looks fun, but I’m not very skilled with metalwork so far.

Guillermo Galetti shared a post on Instagram: "Estrenando gladiadores con @gonza.fm . @juventudesvla 
#gladiadores #juegos #nochedejuegos #espadas #sword #escudos #medieval
A todos los que preguntan dónde conseguir este juego: @pinchanplaf...

Not clear to me what the game is, I see tubing thats easy to cut, can’t tell what the other parts are

ah, I didn’t realize the GIF wouldn’t work. ITs a sword and shield combo where you try to pop your opponents balloon.

Link is here inside the quotes
Guillermo Galetti on Instagram: "Estrenando gladiadores con @gonza.fm . @juventudesvla #gladiadores #juegos #nochedejuegos #espadas #sword #escudos #medieval . . A todos los que preguntan dónde conseguir este juego: @pinchanplaf (fabricante)"

You could make that out of conduit or steel tubing and sheet metal for the shield and some 1/4" rod, and bungee cord, REI sells that by the foot.

Try
https://www.metals4uonline.com/
Or

I guess I was trying to avoid welding (which I am terrible at) but it seems like I might need to.
What size sheet metal would you recommend? Also, how would I curve the shield?

Thanks again for your help!

The slip roller for the shields. @Mrholthaus Watch for Max’s sheet metal classes. You might contact him to see if it is cover … or learn how to hand form or English Wheel from him.

1 Like

Holy crap, that looks fun. I may need to built that one.

2 Likes

I’d be willing to buy the materials for 2 if you can help me build one, lol.

3 Likes

GIFs have to be downloaded as GIFs, then uploaded, and then they work. I’ve no idea how to download a GIF from Insta.

1 Like

If you use brass tubing, sheet, etc. you can solder instead of welding. Brass is a little pricier but you don’t need a lot of it.

2 Likes

So, instead of rock 'em sock 'em robots, it’s slice 'em dice 'em romans? Where do I sign up?

3 Likes

Tried to play that once.
Apparently it was “too aggressive” for paint ball…

4 Likes

Using your knife to save ammo again ? :slight_smile: