Help with Festool Domino

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone here had knowledge on how to use the festool domino joiner - I’ve done woodworking before - but have never used this tool!

I am working on a chair, and wanted to use this to make some floating tenons for the chair legs. I plan on being at the makerspace all weekend, if anyone is around and could give me some pointers!!

I have done some with it and will be up there Saturday morning if your around. Have you already gotten the dominoes you plan to use?

What time are you planning on being there?

I have not gotten the dominos yet - the sizing of this is something I wanted to talk about as well!

Also if you or anyone have used it on a curved surface before - (curved with a radius of about 8" I’d say)

I’ll be up there by 11. Size is going to be based off your piece and strength of joint you need. If both pieces are curved the same, theoretically it would be possible but going to be tricky trying to hold it at 90 degrees and get the parts to match up.

Ok, I will be there!

I will bring the pieces I have made so I can show you what I mean

Sorry, something came up on Saturday morning. By any chance will you be up at Makerspace tonight or Friday?

I can be there tomorrow evening after work - probably around 7?

Sounds great! See you then.

great - send a message here if anything changes again!

If you’re around I am hanging around the work tables - got here a bit earlier than expected