Help sealing woodblock for steam rolling event

I’m not going to be able to make it up to DMS this weekend to seal my woodblock. I didn’t know if anyone else who is doing the steam rolling is sealing their woodblock this weekend or sometime before the event could also do mine. I’m asking because I’m 2.5 - 3 hours away so I can’t just run over to DMS and do it. Thank you for any help with this.

This James, right?
I can probably do that. I bought a can of spray shellac today, and was going to schlep my board home tomorrow so I could seal Monday or Tuesday, since the sun is supposed to be shining.

1 Like

I have your block in my car to start sealing either tonight or tomorrow. I presume you want it returned to DMS when finished?

Hi, yes, please return it back to DMS as I won’t be back up in Dallas until Saturday night or Sunday morning.

Thank you for doing this for me.

1 Like

Man… your block sucked up shellac like nobody’s business. I put five layers of spray shellac on it. You may need to flick a little “nature” off, as it was outside under a cypress tree while I was hosing the two blocks down. If I don’t trek over to DMs tonight, I’ll do so tomorrow and put it back in the stack.

1 Like

James, I’ll be up at DMS from 8 am to 10 am on Sunday for a board meeting working session. If you can’t pick up the block for the event I can bring it down there for you. Just let me know.

1 Like