Help Needed: Building Custom Doors for Ikea Cabinets

Hey all. Any Wood pros out there that would want to teach a couple of noobs on how to build our own doors for the new set of cabinets that we just purchased from Ikea? We don’t like the doors that came with them, so we are hoping to create some of our own.

Or alternatively, anyone at Makers that does this kind of thing for a living and can make these for us?

Thanks,
Chris

1 Like

Build them for you. Probably could, but not needing another task for the backlog.
Help you figure out how to do yourself. The only “probably” factor about that is the chosen design. If I assume you didn’t go crazy with something extra complicated … be glad to. Just shoot me a PM with available time slots and I’ll pick something that aligns with my schedule and meet you at DMS.
Bert

5 Likes

Right on. Thanks.

I’ll check with the wife and see if she wants to go this route. We are doing the demo on the old closet today and will build the base units and make a decision whether or not we really don’t like the ikea doors that we currently have.

The design would be something pretty simple like a typical Ikea style with a step or two perhaps. We’re thinking that we want to possibly do clear/opaque panels on the top doors.

I could probably get them built for you, depending on the style that you’re looking for. How many door exactly do you need made?

1 Like

Do you already have your plans set? I’ve been watching YouTube and scouring Pinterest for Ikea dresser and cabinet hacks. Here’s the Pinterest link - but be careful, you could be lost for days in all of these ideas!

I’d love to see a before and after picture when you or the person you hire is done with it.

1 Like