Help Houston, Who has a lifted truck & a Boat?

Here is an article. It appears that they are looking for any help they can get.
http://www.khou.com/mobile/article/weather/hurricanes/hurricane-harvey/officials-ask-for-residents-to-volunteer-their-high-water-vehicles-we-need-you-to-help/468193924

If someone wants to help in another way, they might check and see if the animal shelters need animals moved out to this area, They will oftne moe out the animals they have up for adoption, so they can take in both lost animals and those that
are from flooded homes,

The SPCA, the Dallas animal shelter, The North Tx Humand society and evern the Red Cross might know what all help is needed for animals

1 Like

School supplies are another way too. I can’t speak for every campus but I’ve got lots to “new students” who are residing with families after evacuation in the area. Needless to say those folks are struggling for space and everything else. It’s made things pretty crazy but my heart goes out to all of y’all for pitching in too any way you can.

1 Like

Well,

@ironfuturist and I are headed out in the morning. We purchased about $350 worth of food, diapers, female products, and water. We are taking 2 jetskis and hoping to catch up with the Cajun Navy dispatch group as they seem to be heading up the non-medical evacuations. If any of you are helping moderate the Zello channels or have a contact that can help us plug in to help, please share.

Fingers crossed we don’t do anything stupid to hurt ourselves.

11 Likes

I concur, but with the guidance of the rescue groups and Houston PD. We aren’t looking to do anything rash.