Help for a quick to do

Hi

Can anyone please help me out and print a few of these car brackets out for me? They’re clips. Super simple. Single piece of plastic.

I have four samples done, need another 10ish or fewer. Will take someone who knows the machine three minutes to do

Managing expectations: Setting up the print job might take < 5 minutes, but it’s probably a couple of hours of print time to print ten.

DMS requires someone be on site (though not necessarily in the room) during the print. Putting your name/cell number on the machine is an easy way for others to ping you should something go wrong. I don’t believe there is a requirement that a “watcher” (who could be delegated from the member running the job) be cleared on the 3D printers.

That being said, should you want to get trained on the 3D printers, there is an online, self-guided course For the training. Pass the online course and you’ll be able to run your own print jobs. I’m guessing it’d take about 30 mins. Here’s the course outline:

https://learn.dallasmakerspace.org/course/view.php?id=2

You‘ll need to log in for the course. The login should be the same as your DMS Member login ( often the same as your TALK login, but not always).

2 Likes