Help finding transformer?

Hey guys!
I’m trying to find an alternative to this telecom isolation transformer:
Atech ATS-081
The guys at Mouser couldn’t help, and I don’t know enough about all the technical bits to find a good comparable transformer. Here’s the circuit I’m going to be making. Super simple once I find this transformer :slight_smile:
Intercom ISO-AO Adapter

Anyone mind taking a look and letting me know if you have any ideas?

Found a web site with this description:

ATS-081 14.4K OR 9600 MODEM & FAX. W/O DC. ( HI-POT 1500V )

Perhaps you can find a suitable transformer on an old modem. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I need 8 in a critical system, or I’d totally scavenge!

First link is jiberish to me.

If I knew more specs I might be able to help.

2 Likes

Save it and take the stupid .html off the end of the PDF file and Adobe Acrobat will open it.

Silly web site publishers…

1 Like

Check out Tanners Electronics (across the street from DMS). On the top shelf where they have small electric motors are some 600 ohm transformers. I don’t know what the turns ratio is or whether the secondary will work for you but they have plenty of them in stock to meet your requirements, real cheap also.

2 Likes

That circuit is a Buzz Buster. If you don’t need the audio-only switches,an AudioMan ISO Box or Sescom IL-19 should work.

There’s a discussion of the circuit here.

Otherwise, have you tried contacting the source of the drawing, Best Audio?

For the transformer:

Go to the this page on the Atech OEM web site and click “Distributors” at the bottom of the page. Maybe one of the US distributors can help you.

Alternate part numbers are 671-8255 and LS-4202.

Try Googling “audio isolation transformer.” You need one that’s 600/600 Ohms impedance.

If you are using this circuit for intercom, any 600/600 transformer of the same or larger physical size should work. I saw some at MCM Electronics and eBay without trying very hard.

If you need decent frequency response, you may have a difficult time finding a suitable substitute transformer and should strongly consider buying a commercial audio isolation box instead.

1 Like

Thanks @Jerry! That’s the circuit I’m referencing, and the Audioman ISO is already in the mail :slight_smile: I’m just cheap and despise how much AV gear costs for simple circuits like this :smile:
The Clear-Com version is $250 a channel!

I’ve checked the Atech distributors list, but I haven’t reached out to any of them yet. Not sure if any of them deal in small quantities as I only need 8 or so, but I guess that phone call’s in my future.