Help driving some heavy duty lasers

So I ended up with a couple of oddball lasers; rated 50W, but apparently the diode is the same as the 100W model but this one just requires the liquid cooler to be running fulltime to operate at that power whereas it apparently could handle air cooling at the lower power.

Don’t have too much info; I can post more later but at the airport currently. Assuming nothing happens and delays the flight, I’ll be at the membership meeting if anyone can help take a look. It’s been forever since I made a laser driver, and haven’t had to reverse one before. If we manage to pull off making it I need to send one back with how it was done, but get to keep the second.

I’m considering donating it to the makerspace if we can find something cool to do with it.

Cheers,
-Jim

Typically they are just a constant current DC power supply sometimes with current adjustments.

Maybe we know someone from Maxim who might be able to help with the design of such a DC-DC supply… @zmetzing

Main specifications to know is the forward current and the forward voltage drop.