Heathkit is Back

Yes, Heathkit is back again with new products. Check out their new Heathkit website.

Join the Heathkit Insiders group and get email updates on new products as they become available.

Go to the “About” tab and get the latest official information about Heathkit. The “FYI” tab will answer most of your questions.

Back in the 1980’s…who remembers the Heathkit store in downtown Dallas on Ross Avenue near Central Expressway? The First Saturday Electronic Flea Market was in the parking lot across the street.

8 Likes

Those Heathkits remind me of a sticker I remember on a radioshack speaker years ago that said
“Genuine woodgrain vinyl”

4 Likes

Wasn’t there a Lafayette Electronics store down in that area?

1 Like

Maybe someone will resurrect Frostline Kits and all my '70s DIY kit memories will be back!

1 Like

Anybody remember “Things of Science”?

http://ecg.mit.edu/george/tos/

Best news I’ve heard in a while!

1 Like

I hope the documentation for kits meets the high standards they set decades ago.

2 Likes

We should make, market, and sell Dallas MakerKits as fundraising items.

Laser cut enclosures, custom PCBs, and lots of nifty little creations.

3 Likes

Someone had proposed we make kits out of the Tanner donation stuff, I saw at the very least the option to build some good center tap linear power supplies. Once we finish the inventory and we know how many we have I’ll get to work on it.

3 Likes

Just to update those following, we’re done with 55 bins of the stuff, unknown bins to go but I feel like just eyeballing it we’re in the 40-50% completed range.

We found a ton of transformers that would make great +/- 15V supplies, some arduino clone boards, a plethora of Arduino Shields, inductors/capacitors/resistors oh my!

@Lampy If you want to play with HV there were a ton of disc caps, I think I saw up to 12kV ratings, and as low as 3kV.

3 Likes

Very nice, thanks for thinking of me. Maybe we can have a Marx Generator class?

1 Like

I’d be happy to watch a Marx Generator class from roughly 2 ft per kV away :wink:

There were few different values that look like that could work, and we had around 100 of each type, so it should be plenty to make a class from.

2 Likes