Heat press electrical danger

Good idea … but does the CA room and classrooms commonly used have 20A sockets?

If the unit draws 15 Amps in normal operation, then it should be if it’s not.

I’ve asked for 20A in the Digital Arts room, and asked if we could get some labels on the ones in the classrooms, for this reason. I’m not sure if that will happen.

Nope. Unless something has changed since I did the inventory, the only 20A sockets are out in the workshop.

1 Like

I do not know what Classrooms/Education requested for the expansion work, but I do not think it is too late to ask for some 20A circuits in classrooms.

@talkers @richmeyer

You don’t really need tags on 20A receptacles. They look like this:

If the cord is correct it will look like this and will only fit a 20A receptacles:

I know that the wall where the TV is set in Interactive is 20 amp. That’s because Glass Works could plug both microwaves into one outlet without popping the breaker. The west wall has 15 amp breakers, so we had to use an extension cord for the 2nd microwave, so that it plugged into a separate circuit.

That’s odd, because the photo of the electrical panel shows those as 20 amp breakers (M2/15 and M3/1). In fact, I don’t see anything in any of the main panels that is less than 20 amps.

I suspect the issue in Interactive is that nothing in there is on a dedicated circuit.

Caveat: This is based on the labels on the plates. I did not buzz these out.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Changing the Electrical Plug on a Heat Press