Heat press Adam or Kris

Hello, i heard you may have a heat press for sale, I was told Adam or Kris may have some insight as to more details about the heat press? Perhaps size and condition, i can swing by and take a look soon as well, i am just trying to find someone whom i can ask about this matter, thank you

Are you referring to one of the heat presses inside the Creative Arts room used for Dye Sublimation, or the one out in the workshop with the Screen Printing setup?

1 Like

I’m really not sure, i believe John had told me a heat press may have been for sale, but I have no idea which one it is, so im trying to find out more about it here. Im hoping its the type that clamps down with pressure, he said there were two and 1 was not being used much

I believe that is the one that’s with the Screen Printing. I’m not at all familiar with it. Our previous Creative Arts Chairperson, Nicole (@uglyknees) might be able to shed some light… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, thank you i guess ill ask her about it. @uglyknees hi there Nicole, i was wondering if you mhad any information as to which heat press may be for sale, if it still is for sale? Thank you.

1 Like

The old heat press won’t be for sale (or donation) until the new one is at the space. @Lampy @Nick know about that.

I’m no longer the chair @missydee1206 is stepping up to the plate and I would suspect that it will be discussed at the next committee meeting.

It’s not that one. I found out last night that it’s the little one that @PearceDunlap had purchased with T-shirt funds before screen printing was put in with Creative Arts. John (@talkers) was saying it’s not really needed anymore now that we have the flash heater unit. I’ll show Devin (@missydee1206) where it is so she can decide. Thx! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will you be at the space this evening, Lisa?

Just got the check for the heat press, YEAH!!! I’ll drop it off tonight if possible.

2 Likes

The one I bought is still useful for the stuff that needs heat and pressure like vinyl transfer. Unless we are replacing it with something else I think we should keep it.

Thanks Pearce, I’ll keep it in mind. this will definitely be a topic at the CA meeting.

That said, I don’t know what kind of press Nick sold us. Could​ be a good replacement.

1 Like

@missydee1206, I’ll be at the Space tonight, but with family for a class at first.

@PearceDunlap, we have had a much larger heat press with more options in CA for some time now for the Dye Sublimation stuff. We will be getting a larger one yet with the one they bought from Nick. The only real advantage of the little one you bought for the screen printing is it’s very light weight in comparison to the others we have available, so members could easily take it to other rooms if they wanted to. It’s all ultimately up to Devin of course. :smiley:

Yeah just didn’t want to get rid of it if it was our only one that could apply pressure as well

The two heat presses currently in the Creative Arts room (the one we own, and a really nice American made one on loan) both have adjustable pressure that can be clamped down rather hard. The one purchased from Nick will as well. They are all very heavy though, so that’s why I mentioned the one advantage of that small one that was used for the screen printing ~ because it’s very light weight in comparison. :slight_smile:

Heat Press is in the creative arts room, I dropped it off at lunch today!

1 Like

Thanks Nick! I spoke with Devin last night, and will set it up when I come by tonight. Once I confirm a few basic settings (since the times & temps will probably be a bit different from the press we’ve been using), I’ll get some classes set up. Thanks again! :smiley: