Heads Up: Swapping In A New STI Transmission

I know this is like an ancient thread but I had to pop in. Sorry I thought it would do nested replys but finding the system to be a little more annoying that way. Have you heard of the SLAM project aka Flying Crowbar in the 50’s? Looked quite a bit like the image posted by Raymond waaaay up in the thread on April 24, being an exposed nuclear reactor that would superheat air and use that as propulsion. So potent it had to have specially shielded guidance controls just to keep it in control. Side effects were total radioactive contamination of the area it flew over and an output of radioactive exhaust particles as the nuclear core would shed itself as it flew.

It does, sort of, in a more “new millennium” way.
Notice that the message you’ve posted shows that it’s in response to Raymond:

Clicking on Raymond’s avatar as highlighted will expand his post inline, showing your response “nested” to his post:

as well as the post Raymond responded to from suchsojasco. Clicking the arrow (highlighted) will take you to that post in the thread, if you want to read it in its original timeline context.

It ain’t perfect, but Discourse does some pretty neat stuff. It does take some getting used to, though.

The content of your post is interesting, as well. Makes you wonder what some folks were thinking, open venting a nuclear reaction. I guess this is how we learn things. It works acceptably in the gas turbine with dino-fuel…