Heads Up: Swapping In A New STI Transmission

I already have a pro tune if you are talking about the ecu

1 Like

So the swap was a success! I have a working 6-speed and diff nown LSDs all around!

Just wanted to apologize for leaving the dolly with my parts on it I am leaving to remove them in 30 minutes. I left in a rush because i finished at 2am! It took a long time!

Pictures will be posted soon!

4 Likes

So how long did it end up taking you?

Oh boy,

About 30 hours.

Started 10ish Saturday morning and endeds at 2am Monday.
I took breaks throughout the day to eat and that’s pretty much it.

How did you manage 30 hours on a transmission swap? That’s pretty crazy.

1 Like

I will certainly grant 30 hours for some Honda transmissions, most Mazda transmissions, and all van transmissions. But man, I’ll need to pitch in next time, R&R on a Subaru transmission is pretty straightforward unless they’ve changed something on the new Impreza.

Either way, glad to hear the swap was a success (eventually)

1 Like

I believe there was some differences to normal since it was 2018 transmission going into a 2014(correct me if I am wrong) Subaru.

Either way, it nice to see it is working well! Congrats!

1 Like

Yeah I deliberately took it slow. Honestly the swap wasn’t that difficult. The main setbacks were the occaisonal bolt that would take 30+ minutes to work out. I constantly was referencing the factory manual, cleaning up, and reorganizing things as well. I wanted it to be perfect!

5 Likes

That sure is a funny looking transmission component. :smiley:

1 Like

It’s the most important one of all.

When we installed the transmission for the zx2 we put all thread in the holes and shook the motor until it fell in… We might be different people lol

1 Like

That’s a fixable problem.

I’m trying not to go too big on the turbo yet you guys!

Either way that turbo is Garretts newest tech and should be 500whp capable. :open_mouth:

:rofl::blankspace::blankspace:

When do you plan on removing your transmission from outside the loading dock?

OMG!

I totally cleaned everything else up and forgot to get that in my GFs Forester yesterday…

:sweat_smile:

I will NOT forget today. A million apologies to the DMS and automotive committee, I mean no disrespect. I will be there after work around 630 tonight.

The longer you leave it, the higher the chances we use it in an auto project :wink:

1 Like

AWD ZX2? :blankspace:

1 Like

Well hey, I am totally willing to donate it if anyone wants it.

Let me know before i come get it tonight!

P.S. If no one wants it, does anyone know a good way to sell or get rid of it?

It could be good for a “AWD transmission design class” tear down.

1 Like