Heading to the Arctic

I’m about to have a great photography/video trip…My wife had a surprise birthday party for me on Saturday, flying in family and old friends from 8 different states across the US. THEN she surprised me with a bucket list “checkmark”. Next Wednesday, I’m flying to Barrow, Alaska for 4 days to spend some time over 300 miles above the Arctic Circle and opportunity to experience 24 hour daylight. It’s mostly a photography adventure, so I’m taking three cameras and a GoPro to get some great pictures of the Arctic. This is going to be cool. Next year, Antarctica I hope!

6 Likes

Not a photographer by any stretch, but i do have several photos of the sun and the moon in the same sky, taken around 2315J in late June, if memory serves…Fairbanks, i think… Twenty-four hours of daylight really messes with your head at first, and gives you that “we can sleep when we’re dead” motivation. For a bit…
Enjoy it. We sure did! Sounds like your wife struck gold on this birthday already, and it’s looking up from here!

Please post back so the rest of us can live/re-live vicariously.

Photos will be coming. My daughter already requested picture of Penguins, but I had to explain that was the “other” pole. So now I have reason to go to Antarctica. I can’t disappoint a 6 year old :smile:

2 Likes