HDR Photography Class Followup Pix

Took the HDR Class Last month. Don’t see any followup pix posted yet. I tried to post a couple of mine, but, since I’m a new user, I am not allowed to upload images… :sob:

Would be interested to see what others have done!

1 Like

There, there! We’ll get you up to photo-posting status in no time!

Here is one of the first HDR photos that I did; it was a complicated project that I did for my Intro to Arts class at Collin College several years ago:

Imgur

A few years ago, I participated in a student program run by NASA, that took me out to Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama. I shot this photo of an old NASA SR-71 jet:

Imgur

4 Likes

Luv the jets! I have been trying to get up the gumption to go to Carswell to take images of the jets they have on display there. At least I think they are still on display…it has been over five years since we went to the base!

I think I finally have enough privileges to post a link! LOL

Most of them were a too HDR OVERLOAD for my liking. But, I really think you found a great middle ground on this shot. @bidgette

It is really nice how the colors jump out and almost float on the wall. Nice work, If you ever print this one I’d love a signed copy. :smiley:

Yeah. I agree about the overload. It was the first time using Photomatix, and these were the least offensive presets. I havent had a chance to redo them in Photoshop, where I can do the kind of tweaking I am used to.

As far as Peace Alley goes, I would gladly print you a copy. I plan on learning the wide format orinter at some point. Do you have a size pref?

I vote crop out the light at the bottom and print an interesting wide version. :relaxed:

Tonight is the wide-format printer class.

The free version of Photomatix leaves the watermark that you see. You might want to redo this piece in Photoshop, where you could also use Intelligent Fill to copy the shadow on the ground over to the sunny part.