Have you seen my Bolt?

I changed out my transmission fluid last night with the help of the always helpful @Tlar. What would seem/used to be a straightforward process would have been nigh impossible for me without his help…Thanks Tom! @Photomancer also stopped by to kibitz and lend a helping hand where need…what a Mensch!

BUT…as usual, I screwed the pooch and lost a bolt that helps hold the fluid pan on. It is somewhat custom, distinctive in that is a specific length that bottoms out just right into the pan housing, and also has a permanent washer, i.e. can’t be removed but still spins freely. It is somewhere in the greater work table + auto area + laser + woodshop annex, so if by some ridiculous chance anyone sees it on the floor, or maybe it bounced onto a low shelf or under something or whatever, and realizes what it is, I’d appreciate you letting me know. Thanks…

3 Likes

Roughly what size are we looking for?

Chris, the bold that is MIA :

The bolt is a 6mm x1.0 thread about 1/2" long (13mm) with a captive dished washer

The head of the bolt is 10mm across the flats (10mm wrench size).

2 Likes

Looks l Like Toyota Lewisville has a couple in stock, shockingly for less than $2. So I’ll just bop on over there, I think.

Call off the hounds!

6 Likes

Marshall,

Just let me know when you want a hand with your rear brakes, shocks, and / or the oil and filter for your next maintenance - now that you know where to get the best deal on the best parts!

6 Likes

And don’t forget the personalized delivery!

2 Likes

Yes! That we did appreciate !

1 Like

Later model vehicles requiring specialty oils, fluids, coolants - covered.
Batteries
Name brands - not unknowns or mystery white boxes from where?
No mark up
No hidden fees
No Shipping
Free delivery to the Space 6 days a week(scheduled times), or you can opt to pick up at their WillCall counter (near Northwest Highway and Harry Hines)
Everyone pays sales tax -

This is not for everyone - this is for those of use that prefer quality and only want to do the task one time.

3 Likes

I know! I know! As soon as my car was in pieces, he forced me to buy him a grape Nehi! :tropical_drink:

1 Like

FYI…I have some extra,unopened quarts (4, I think) of WS transmission fluid that is rated for newer Toyota vehicles. If anyone wants/needs them, let me know…same price as I paid for them from @TLAR.