Have we invited Adam Savage to DMS?

I keep seeing Adam Savage visits Makerspace xyz youtube videos. He should really come to Dallas.

@Team_PR

5 Likes

1.) @AlexRhodes asked Adam when he would visit the Dallas Makerspace at the bay area maker faire two years ago, but Adam skirted the question.

2.) It seems he goes for university or institutional makerspace and not just “hackerspace”, more for education of kids or students. I don’t think DMS fits his agenda, so I wouldn’t hold my breath.

3.) Adam Savage is amazing and I met him at Maker Faire this year, I’m sure he’s busy with Tested and has a ton of stuff planned like the new show Mythbusters Jr.

1 Like

It might be worth reaching out to him again with specifics (especially if it’s related to education and young makers). When Alex asked the question it was while Adam was on stage in front of a crowd. Dodging the question was the right move at the time but I don’t think it was a definitive answer given the circumstances.

2 Likes

Adam’s a good guy. My twins (pictured below) and I met him at a private event last year, and my boys were even filmed for his TESTED web show. He’s as down to earth as it gets. One of his show’s guest contributors, Frank Ippolito, has been to DMS, courtesy of @amiedd.

If I had to guess, I’d say he’s just very busy. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if his handlers have checked out DMS’ online presence in the past to advance scout the location.

6 Likes

What should an invitation to Adam mention? Add your suggestions below.

16 year old @NickWebb is teaching a series of Arduino classes.
Arduino: Sensors for Fun and Non Profit!
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/7183

17 year old Ben Puig is teaching a series of electronic classes where students learn to solder. I don’t see a class on the calendar now. Please add a link to one of his recent classes.

Do we have other teenagers teaching? Do we have outreach that would interest Adam?

4 Likes

Ben also teaches Intro to VR in Digital Media.

5 Likes

In the last 12 months, we have taught over 1800 classes. Over 8,200 recorded attendees.
(I can only see honorarium classes, not event and classes offered without honorariums).

6 Likes