Hatcher's wish list - donations & tools

As requested by our Hatcher’s chair - A list…

donations wanted from anyone -

used ammunition brass - pretty much anything in pistol and rifle brass - if we can’t use it we can sell it for scrap value

moisture absorbent packets - found in new shoes, new luggage, new handbags, medications and supplements, some new equipment packages - needed for long term storage of some supplies and tools.

plastic ammo blocks - I’ll be bringing some of these up to Hatchers soon

tools & supplies wanted…

universal case expanding die - http://leeprecision.com/universal-case-expanding-die.html
case crimping dies 9mm, .40, .45
stainless pin polishing media
Corbin bullet swaging press - http://www.corbins.com/presses.htm
case tumbler for wet media

And just remember on the more expensive pieces of equipment like the corban and the wet tumbler i will only be able to justify it if we guarantee classes will be taught on them

I think we could easily make a Corbin style press.

2 Likes

Stop by a local leather goods (purses / jackets / etc.) with a plastic bin and ask them to drop the packets in as they get them. I did this for a project about a year ago and had asked a few shoe stores and places, but had very little return from them. I didn’t bother going to the leather store because they didn’t seem too interested, but they called me back about a month later asking if I was going to pick it up… they had about 10 lbs of the small packets there for me.

Or, alternatively: Ebay - Silica Packets

1 Like

I will be at DMS tonight. Thinking about joining, but I have both reloading and casting equipment. Will there be someone there that I can talk to about this.

Don Ho

1 Like

I am at the space now and will be here till 9

1 Like

Tim - if you want to put your talents towards make a swaging press I’ll enthusiastically help in any way I can with labor and materials.

I’m thinking that the press mounted to the hatchers bench now might support the needed pressure - we’d just need to make a couple of die sets for some pistol calibers. Or - I’d be happy to help work from the ground up.

And I’m here now. Wearing a back chopper hat. In the lobby waiting for a
tour.

@Axel_Ohmstede we just got a bag full of 223/556 brass donated yo use yesterday

Dropped off a bag of 40mm brass. I

2 Likes

40 mm? We don’t reload european field artillery at Hatchers :slight_smile: - we just don’t have the size press we need to - yet…

and we don’t have the dies for .40 caliber S&W at DMS - but I’ll make sure it doesn’t go to waste - thanks.

2 Likes

So I’m up to teach classes in bullet casting and pistol round reloading.

I’ll make you a deal - we work out the syllabus together for the classes,
work out a reasonable student fee for each class - you post the events on
the calendar and we’re both there - me teaching - you offering additional
insights and teaching assistance on the presses for the reloading class.

What do you think?

Axel

My typing skills are lacking. .40mm is correct. I have a dillion reloader I am willing to loan. I dont have.40 dies but I have been threatening to buy a set. I also have both .9mm & .45 molds if we wish to cast.