Hatcher's Meeting Wednesday 6-14-17 @ 7PM

Hello Hatcher’s Members I’m hosting a meeting for planning and decisions making for our committee this Wednesday 6-14-17 in the Common Area at 7PM. This should show up on the calendar shortly.

Hatcher’s Meeting Agenda:

1. Purchases Needed
  • Decide on options for tumbler station on back wall.
    • Please provide option in the chat below.
    • Needs to hold the Media and Tumblers
  • Media for tumblers
    • Please provide option in the chat below.
  • Rotary tumbler
    • We need an option for a rotary tumbler that we are not scared of catching fire if left on un attended for 1 day.
  • How should we store brass?
  • Suggestion 1: 2 to 5 gallon bucket for dirty unsorted brass. 2 to 5 gallon bucket for clean unsorted brass. Container Store shoe boxes for clean sorted brass, work with @bhouse to get these. We should keep the unsorted buckets under the tumbler table and sorted shoe boxes on on the new shelf next to tumbler table.
  • Discussion of possible up coming Classes.
  • AR Build Planning Class
    • @thatguy will this ever happen???
      • We can do two or three of these with a 2 or 3 week gap to a Build Your Own AR Class. Would be smart to have the build your own AR class on the schedule so you can promote it in this planning class.
  • Build Your Own AR Class
    • Need to have the planning class before we do a build class.
  • Casting Bullets Class
    • @Axel_Ohmstede planning a hands on class in November.
      • Can we do a informative class before November? Something along the lines of “So you want to cast bullets? Here are the mistake I learned from.” This would be a short presentation on what you would suggest going with and majority Q&A setup for those that are thinking of getting into casting. It would also allow for some promoting of a hands on class in the future.
  • Bullet Swaging Class
    • Axel teaching later this year
  • Pistol Reloading Class
    • Axel Teaching Later this year
  • Hands On Introduction to Dirty Hand Guns and Cleaning
    • @Nick will you pull your head out of your ass and actually put this class on?
      • Structure of the class will be a hands on introduction to dirty pistols. We will disassemble, clean and reassemble the pistols. The hope is to have the committee members come out and provide hands on help to those wanting to learn about pistols. I hope to follow this with a AR variant and a traditional rifle variant.
  • 300 Blackout / 223 Reloading Class
  • Hatcher’s Events
    • Brass sorting meet up
      • Once we have the media for the tumblers I’ll clean all the brass we have. Once that is done we should get together and sort it all. Gathering cleaning and sorting brass is one thing we can do as a committee to attracted members into reloading.

I’ll update the agenda as as I see items in the comments.

Thanks,
Nick

1 Like

Yes this will be happening. I just got busy with work and lift I will do my best to get it up on the schedule soon

1 Like

Put me down for a pistol reloading class and perhaps a bullet swaging class late this year too -

2 Likes

I’m out of town this week and I’m sorry I will have to miss the meeting :frowning:

I need to reload some 300 blackout and I could do a 223/300 blackout reloading class fairly soon, as soon as we get the workspace organized.

For brass storage, we could also use some 1 gallon ziplocks for the less common brass that doesn’t require a whole shoe box.

1 Like

You will be missed Thurman,
Also, thank you for jumping in on the reorganization of Hatcher’s. Your energy got it going and I can’t wait to sit in on your 300 blackout class.

Using 300blk brass or will you be repurposing 223/556 brass?

This will be once fired brass, but I cheated and bought it because it was already annealed.

I can probably get a homemade jig and cut a few cases if we need some.