Hatcher's Committee Meeting and Election 10-4 7PM Common Room

Hi All,
We will be hosting a Hatcher’s Committee Meeting on October 4 at 7PM in the Common Room.

Below is the agenda for the meeting. If you are interested in reloading, gun smithing or the running of the committee, please try to come out and join in the discussion. This will be a great opportunity to meet the movers and shakers of the committee in one location.

Agenda of the Meeting:

(I’ll try to fill in some of these before the meeting)

• Committee Election
    • Canidates:
      • Steve Martin
    • Don’t be scared to run for head of the committee, we have a good core in the committee so everything will not fall on your shoulders. Also, if you need a fall back, I am willing to take on the role if you all don’t want it. But, I would much rather spread the role among us, because we all share in the work.
  • Committee Funds
    • How much money do we have?
    • How well have we done working with the BOD?
    • How are we planning to continue to bring in funds?
  • Look back at the last year
    • What did we do right as a committee?
    • What did we do wrong as a committee?
    • Sharing thanks among us for the effort put in over the last year:
      • Thank you Steven for leading the group. We all appreciate your effort and look forward to the upcoming year.
      • Thank you Axel, your work and excitement in the group has be amazing
      • Thank you Thurman, your effort to clean up Hatcher’s pulled us back on track when we had stuck. We owe you a lot for jumping in and helping while we were the most unorganized.
      • Thank you Russel, without your early lead in the group, Hatcher’s would of never grown from the grave of the old reloading group.
      • Thanks Tim for the help on the reloading bench. It is AWESOME! Can we trick you into giving it another look sometime? It is having a couple growing pains with the pneumatic system.
  • Planning for the Future
    • Classes
      • Bullet Casting
      • Reloading Classes
        • Pistol Reloading
        • Rifle Reloading
      • Gun Safety, Cleaning and Introduction Class
      • Making 300 Blackout Cases
      • Reusing Found Brass and Brass Trading
    • Committee Space
    • Committee lead Events
      • DMS Shooting Event
        • Meet up at Eagle Gun Range
    • Purchases needed
      • Rotary Tumbler
        • Thumler Tumbler
      • Presses For Classes options
        • Lee Breach Lock Challenger
        • RCBS Rock Chucker
        • Arbor Style Press
      • Dies for Classes
        • Multiple 9mm reloading dies
        • Multiple 223 reloading dies
        • 300 Black out Forming Dies
        • 300 Black our Reloading Dies
      • Dies to help fill out Hatcher’s
        • 40 mm reloading die
        • 45 acp reloading die
        • 308 reloading die
      • Other tools needed to improve Hatcher’s
        • Multiple Universal Powder Funnels
        • Multiple Hand Priming Uints
          • Suggesting RCBS Universal Primer
        • (other options to be added at the meeting)
4 Likes

Bumping this,
I updated the agenda and added a lot of items to think about.

[quote=“Nick, post:1, topic:26886”]
40 mm reloading die
[/quote] wow 40mm are get we Mk 19 soon ?

2 Likes

Yep you read right, we are getting into the artillery game. :smile:

http://defense-update.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/xrgl40_300.jpg

Ps thanks for reading the agenda, hope to see you at the meeting.

1 Like

Steven unanimously elected committee head 9 for 0 against

2 Likes

Was he present this time, or was he elected in absentia again?

He gave me his proxy and he submitted his name for the role. But, he was wasn’t able to make the meeting.

2 Likes

Well at least he ran for the position this time!

2 Likes

Meeting Run Down:

Thanks to everyone that came to the meeting, @HERF, @bknapp, @bhouse, @Gimli, @tomthm, @Axel_Ohmstede, @Nick, and the one name I’m forgetting.

@thatguy gave me his proxy for the meeting as he had a family matter stop him from coming.

We all unanimously voted Steven Martin as Committee Head and will post it on the up coming Board Agenda.

The majority of the meeting was spent informing and answering questions about the Fire Marshal Report and the Firearms rules being discussed on the up coming board meeting. In synopsis of this, we expect that the Fire Marshal issue will be resolved by the BOD and @tapper has informed us that we will be able to read the suggested rules before the board meeting and have an opportunity for edits.

From there we moved into the catch of of the last year.

Hatcher’s has been working hard over the last year to increase offerings. We have been increasing not only the quantity of classes offered, but also the quality of classes offered. That said, we have had issues with classes, mainly the AR15 Assembly class. This was a 3 classes put on by Steven that due to mistakes in setup on the calendar system and the cancelling and reactivation of the class ended up with Hatcher’s losing out on the $300 of honorarium we should have gained from this class. That was a big hit.

Hatcher’s is having a terrible time getting our accounts in order. While we are teaching classes and taking in donations, none of them seem to go to our committee account. We need to sit down with @Lampy and figure this out. As we have had hundreds of dollars not show up at this point, it may be nearing $1000 at this point.

In other financial news Hatcher’s has been successful in submitting financial requests to the BOD with positive funding of the Bullet Casting purchase and Annealing purchase. Axel, Thurman, Russel, and I are working hard this month to finalize a agenda item meant to expand our reloading teaching equipment options with the support of Brian on the BOD. We are very excited for this item as we hope it will not only increase the quality and ease of putting on a reloading class, but as a secondary benefit it looks to help fill out the hatcher’s tools and dies. As there are still many items that individuals currently temporarily loan or have to bring in each time they want to use our equipment.

Moving on to the future of Hatcher’s, this is very exciting!!!

1. We are expanding our classes even further. I’m going to try and offer a Safety and Maintenance class every month based of the requests for this class and the value to new firearms owners.
  2. We are also going to overhaul the intro to AR15 Assembly class with the help of Bradley, the main goal being we want attendees to walk out with a full build list of components with links to vendors. That way remove the confusion and more attendees come to the assembly class with components ready to go.
  3. Bradley is also stepping in to offer a few other classes to the committee, one of the highlights being a pistol handling class that uses dummy laser pistols and electronic targets that we can offer at DMS. This is VERY COOL and we hope to do some fun options with rifles at some point as well.
  4. Tom has suggested that we add a few beginner centered classes/meet ups such as How to buy a firearm or Ask your dumb question and not get judged meet up. I think this is a great idea and would offer confidence building to the members that are looking for it.
  5. Axel is working on the curriculum for the casting class. As a bonus, we hope to use the bullets made in the class to support a follow up reloading class. it is great to see these classes turning into a series rather than just a one off.
  6. We are trying to figure out some fun off-site events. One being a private pistol event at Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville and a mixed pistol and rifle event at Quail Creek. Both of these we are trying to setup separate from the public side of these ranges to allow us to teach as well as shoot.

In the end, we have a great group of supports to in Hatcher’s and I’m excited to see where we go in the coming year!

4 Likes

Thanks for the report Nick. I’m looking forward to the expanded classes and off-site activities as well educational opportunities for folks that are new to this, or who know a little but want to learn a lot more (that’s me).

1 Like