Hand Tools - GlassWorks

All hand tools have temporary been removed from GlassWorks. @artg_dms Has volunteered to color code them for us.

Unfortunately the paint is not sticking to the plastic handles. We are looking into this. The tools will be returned as soon as this is completed.

Thank you,

Anita Willis

Any thoughts on using spray on Plasti Dip? It looks like home depot carries it in red for $6.

Store brands are already red. If the volunteer handling it doesn’t have ideas I have had good luck with heat shrink or making sure the paint used is oil based enamel

how about two colors: deep-dip in white plastidip, then shallow-dip in red once dry.

Possibly. I like the heat shrink at work because I tend to be tagging things by sets, it has lots of obnoxious colors, and children can do it indoors lol…no kid is stealing the PeWee Playhouse nippers

1 Like

Here’s the first batch - paint is on the metal only. Final drying.

Smaller tools. Done. Will be removing tape today.

There is yellow heat shrink and local source I’ll check out later today.
Thanks for everyone’s patience!

4 Likes

Paid a visit to one of my local vendors - Altex. They had yellow heat shrink in “large” diameters and some trial runs w/ an old hair dryer yielded success!

I will finish this up tomorrow w/ the ELab heat gun - a singeing hair dryer.

8 Likes

I’m not saying I’ve used an oven when doing large batches…I’m just saying I know how many skizzers fit my baking rack…

@artg_dms thank you for your time doing all that!

2 Likes

That looks great! I really appreciate you taking the time to do this.

1 Like

If I want to do some additional stained glass work how do I get access to the tools? I came by and they were locked up. Also what is the recommended donation when using supplies?

Thanks

We plan to have a Stained Glass area with small scrap glass, that can be used for small projects with a donation. But, we are not there yet.

At this time there should be solder, copper tape, and soldering irons in the cabinet under the microwaves, left side. (if they have not walked off)

There should be 1-2 sets of cutting tools, burnishers, in the top right drawer, and goggles in the center drawer. I am not sure if Jen has locked up all the stained Glass scissors, I’ll have to check on that tonight. At this time you will need to provide your own glass.

Please make a donation in our Committee box on top the microwave if you use the solder and copper tape.

Thank you,
Anita

2 Likes

We have not address the stained glass donations as a committee yet. For just the copper and solder I would say 1.00 per 5 square inches until we get this set up.