Haas Rules violations

ok let’s go over the HAAS rules (again) -
what is the final action/rule when using the haas?
answer: clear the origin registers, tool offsets that were changed and delete programs .

I stopped by today and found the G54 were still set as well as tool offset 8. So rather than contact everyone in the log I’m making a global message. @budman is the only person cleared. I apologize but he was the last person logged in and only logged in to check info. Therefore it falls on the next person in the log. You know who you are and I won’t publicly say, but I will say the next time will result in a list of privilege. Nothing will cause a crash faster than false origin coordinates or wrong offsets. And that is the last thing we want with the steel table exposed. And because the next person in line is one of the 3 ‘teachers’ authorized, he should be the paragon of following the rules. Just do it.

2 Likes

A checklist tethered to the control panel might help. There are LOT of details to remember.

This also made me wonder if there is a programmatic way to change those items back to defaults. “Remember to run this program last” is an easier proceedure than changing them all manually.

Just a thought.

5 Likes

If that was me, I actually haven’t machined anything in a month or so, last time I badged in was to jog the table to a spot easier to pull the vise with @TBJK because of all the coolant stuff going on.

I’ll make sure to check the offsets and the programs before I power it off though.

Edit: It was me, I looked through the logs, I’ll start a PM thread with the three other people near that time to make sure they’re aware.

7 Likes

Got permission to leave my setup and will be in tonight to break it down. I’ll be consulting talk before I leave.

3 Likes

H Offsets for tools 1-10 are unmolested. Machine has been cleared of chips. G54 and all other coordinates are zeroed. Table is bare. Anything I’m forgetting?

1 Like

Oh and only warmup program is left.

1 Like

all good. thank you.

So - here we are again. One month later and someone is leaving their crap program in the machine and leaving the offset registers set. Looks like it’s time to start cracking down. I’ll be checking the log more often and the controller and anyone leaving it in this state will have his access revoked until they can retake the class where they learn that it is not to be left in this state. So whoever left it (and we can narrow it down very quickly from the log and video) gets this one last pass.

cc: @TBJK, @procterc, @malcolmputer

There was a tool change instruction in the command line, I noted. it was there when I last powered it up, I did not remove it.
I did not check the program list as all I was doing was related to the coolant change.
If not clearing that line is what you saw I am guilty. Of putting it in there I am not.
The offset registers was not me either.

no your’re good. there was a program in memory and offset registers set.