HAAS: Need Help engraving some Airsoft M4/M16 receivers

I will start with the disclaimer: These are only usable on airsoft rifle. In no way, can they EVER be made to shoot real ammunition. There is no BATF or Trademark issues with what I am doing.

With that said, Can someone assist me with getting this setup? I have registered for both the Aug classes, but would like to start working on the code/samples as soon as possible.

Thanks
Todd Wikel
[email protected]

I’m even willing to compensate someone for the help.

Todd Wikel

will they fit square in the vise? If not then first make a fixture to accomplish that.
2nd determine the text and font that should be in and the size of the letters. make sure it will fit in the area you want. then we can talk.

2 Likes

For the engraving, It will be both text and picture.

As for the fixture, I’d like to talk about the best way to accomplish this. I was thinking of attaching the rear (stock) buffer tube and a short front barrel. Then attaching them to some standoffs. I could junk a magazine and use it for a third point stabilization point.

Todd Wikel

That looks to be a size accurate rendition of an AR15 lower. Given that you could 3D print the fixtures I designed and used. Just add a few dowel pins and your good to go.

A fixture like that is ideal. It allows it to lay flat. If the plate is thick enough, an engraving bit can be used. I assume the plate is powder coated? The engraving bit will definately break thru the coating, the diamond drag bit will also but is more dependent on the thickness of the coating.