HAAS Mill Offline (updated: online)

If you still have the tool changer apart, pull/check the brushes on the motor. From what I recall they’re a pain to get to otherwise.

1 Like

Happy to announce the HAAS is now properly aligned!!!

I’m currently watching it run through a program I wrote to run 176 tool changes (and spin the spindle at 1000rpm for 4secs) thru the pockets that have tools in them (except the haimer… duh). When it is complete I will remeasure all the tools in the crib currently and reset all offsets. I will post the link to the tool crib shortly. Need to get with David about making an edit to the HAAS wiki page to hold the tool crib link.

Progress: 60 tool changes have happened thus far without any issues.

Thank you again to all that helped in this process.
Next step is to address the coolant and get new pockets for the tool changer ordered.

Now that I have our actual manual with the proper service intervals I will be getting with those that volunteered to be on the HAAS team and work out the who, what, when and why.

Again, thanks to everyone.

6 Likes

Is this the correct link for the HAAS wiki page?

If you just tell me the link for the tool crib, I’m glad to edit the wiki page, assuming @Photomancer is OK with it.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the link.
I see I need to update that whole page. There is information there of value, but also a lot of out dated stuff.

Until this edit gets completed I will just post the link here on talk:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_oJbFh0ODyfbDZ5R3JiX0F6RUU?usp=sharing

This link is for the tool crib and post processor.
Please let me know if there are issues. I’ve already run a part with this crib following the ATC correction.

1 Like

I have added the link to the section entitled, “Documentation”.

2 Likes

Does this mean the Haas is back in service? Just let me know, and I’ll update the tool status board.

WOW… I’ve been a member for easy a year plus and never knew about this webpage.

Yes, it’s back in service.

Thanks. I updated the status page.

Everyone is able, and in fact is encouraged to update this page. If people diligently do so, it might save someone a long drive when something isn’t working.

1 Like