HAAS Maintenance report 3/30/17 (date fixed)

I performed the weekly preventative maintenance of the HAAS. Basic cleaning and feeding.
Grease level is fine. Fluid level is fine, fluid mix was 9.5% which is ok, but a good 10-12% mix is better. We can run as low as 8% but I don’t think we’ll let it get that low. I’ve identified the type of grease we need and will check the cabinets to see what we’ve already got. I’ll search out a good coolant to keep on hand. Oil still leaks out the back, but it is currently captured.
Memory was clean.

Walter was kind enough to show me how to properly use the Z-block to set the offsets (Better than my old paper method for consistency). We tested one tool offset and found it to be over 10/1000th off from what was entered in memory. This likely means somone changed/used the tool and didn’t put it back correctly. that will not stand. we’ll be checking the offsets a LOT more and if they continue to be off we’ll check the log to see who the offenders are. The request is simple - put things back the way you found them.
Now having said that, we can expect the offsets to be off 1-2 thousands (possibly) from constant automatic tool change. We will investigate that by running a tool change program and then compare starting and ending offsets. Being off 1-2 thousands won’t crash anything but forgetting to reset them will.

The door switch thinking it’s always open is a problem. Yes, we can overide the alarm but as we move forward I don’t think we want every student fiddling with the soft switches. it would be better to simply fix it. I’ll see if I can find the part #s for that. An alternative might be to simply jumper that door. that will give us 1/2 coverage since the 2nd door switch works and if the doors are truely open it will still shut the servos down.

Did we lose our scrap barrel? We need something to dump the chips from the bin into, else they can be dumpstered.

PM was logged in the maintenance book. Cheers!

4 Likes

2016 or 2017? :smiley:
(and 20 chars)

1 Like

uhhh. Pre-coffee.
who am i? Where am I? What am I?
Date fixed. thanks.

2 Likes

Rob was working on that with some cardboard totes. I’m not sure where it was left off.

He hauled a full one off.