Haas Coolant Issue Solved?

That isn’t an issue. All of our machines basicallty use a flood method.

The product that is being added to the water to constitute the HAAS coolant is called TRIM MIST. That product is designed for misting systems. That product is not recommended for recirculating systems. It is designed for single use evaporating mist systems.
We are using it in a recirculating flood system.
We should be using a different additive.

2 Likes

that may be what the paperwork reads but we’ve been using that for years without issue. Coolant is going to smell. it’s a fact of life that every working shop knows. I think people are really making a mountain out of a molehill. Do we really want to be changing out fluid as much as we change out band saw blades? If you think organics are bad, try a synthetic. 6 months after leaving that shop, the chemical smell is still on my clothes - which I hate more than a smelly machine.

I plan on cutting some copper soon to use as pads for the/a knife making fixture. Guess we can use the chips? It’s amazes me that the haas seems to have issues yet my machines at work never foul and only get topped off with tap water when necessary. Literally almost no maintenance. We make bus bars every now and again, I guess that’s the difference? Lol. She’s built like a car, needs to be driven.

1 Like

Silver has known biocide-al properties as well. I think you can buy ribbons of silver to leave in the tank.

I’d go with copper, much cheaper and in this form easy to use and lots of surface area. Zip tie them together and they aren’t going anywhere.: