Gubermment $$$ for problem solvers i.e. Makers

The federal government has a lot of problems… technical problems… and is looking for solutions. In recent years it’s adopted a new approach towards finding and funding innovation that evades the massive bureaucratic burden typically associated with government implementations of solutions (wait to you see the flow chart). Guest speak Todd Russell will be discussing how to find these problems that Uncle Sam needs solved and the agencies to contact. Todd recently toured and was excited when he saw our equipment.

Sunday the 11th at 1pm in the Lecture Theater. See his full description on the calendar here.

3 Likes

Eric, who is the speaker, T. Russell? Do you have his bio?

2 Likes

Got a summary from his resume:

Accomplished Project Manager, IT Project Coordinator, Program Analyst and Corporate
Executive with expertise in developmental and operational Command and Control Information
Technology (IT) systems. Broad background and experience in Department of Defense (DoD)
and USSOCOM program management, requirements and acquisition management and rapid
acquisition processes. Expertise in requirements identification, management and analysis,
research, testing, product development, training analysis, evaluation and operational integration
of advanced technologies for U.S. Special Operations Forces (SOF) engaged in combat
operations. Innovation Technology consultant for start-up entrepreneurial technology companies
seeking Federal Government and Department of Defense venture capital/grants (such as
SBIR/STTR, RIF, NSTxL, DIUX, HSIP, etc.). Commander, U.S. Navy (Ret.) with Top Secret /
SCI eligibility and Six Sigma Green Belt.

2 Likes

This is what problem solvers in government used to face:

Hello all, can someone please help. I (Albert Adame) signed up for the event but cannot make it. I tried to unregister however the system is not letting me. Can someone who is going to the event please tell either Eric Brunner or Todd Russell that I will not be in attendance. Also I would love to catch-up on what was discussed with anyone who will be attending. I am really interested in this topic and it sucks that I cannot make it. Thank you

No worries Albert, I’ll send any materials from the talk onto you. If I see you up there I’ll be happy to fill you in.