Grow Your Own Blue Oyster Mushrooms Sun Feb 23, 2020 12pm — 2pm

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/15306

After having a great class this past Sunday, we are having another taught by Darryl. She assisted me in the last class and is rather passionate about fungi. She also grows some fungi at home as a hobby.

Please sign up by the 21st so we know how much substrate to mix up for the class.

2 Likes

Thanks for teaching this class last time, Adair. It was so much fun, and my fruiting bag is looking great.

Glad to see Darryl is going to try her hand at teaching it as well. I think she’ll be a natural at it.

1 Like

It’s a fungus amongus!

You had to go there…

Awe thanks, I’m glad you enjoyed the class :blush: It was my first class so I was pretty nervous.

1 Like

I have these outside now getting sun, is that what I’m supposed to do now that I see the growth?

Need to check my dark cabinet … been a week.

Yep that is right and just make sure you keep the humidity high

1 Like

Yeah I would just make sure they have a clear escape route. Edit: I think yours need a bit more fresh air exchange based off of cap and stem shape.

Mine have been trying to pin but I have them pretty tight and I haven’t put them outside yet.

Glad you guys are getting some fresh mushrooms with all the grocery store issues :joy:

4 Likes

Getting so excited to open this baby up soon! I’m starting sunlight today!

2 Likes

If these are anything like the pink oysters I grew, you’ll want to spray with water very often. Like 10x per day, a light misting from a spray bottle.

I haven’t moved mine into the light yet but it’s looking well-populated now.

Took me a while, but mine are finally coming in!

4 Likes

cool!

Oh I should have taken a picture but I had chopped mine up and put them in a stir fry with some veggies this past weekend

1 Like