Gremlins have moved back in to the space!

Good news everybody! With reopening imminent, the gremlins have moved back in to the space.

Sadly laser will be unable to accept their donation of a bike, drop ceiling hangers, and a dolly. I moved them around so I could continue to prep the area, but if whoever left this stuff could come by and find a better home for it soon, that’d be great. It wasn’t fun to walk into a freshly cleaned committee space and find people already leaving stuff scattered around.

9 Likes

One step closer to normal:joy:

4 Likes

Sorry,
That was someone who was midway through fixing the hole in the ceiling over the back bay door. I think the gremlins took the right size ceiling tiles so they couldn’t finish.

3 Likes

How the heck was the bicycle used for this… :confused:

2 Likes

Glad you asked! it’s basically like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFuMpYTyRjw

5 Likes

Video, or it didn’t happen…
:smiley:

If the space is closed to members then it would be a good guess it was someone in leadership that has access did this. Call them out.

And people wonder why it’s hard to get help around this place…

6 Likes

That’s good to hear. I looked around when I walked in and it seemed like they had finished the ceiling work and not cleaned up the extra railing, which, having spent a bunch of time cleaning up laser, was pretty disparaging.

No point in calling people out by name, this is far from the only instance (I’ve been guilty of this too) and sending the pitchforks at them won’t do anyone any good. I’m just trying to point out that, while we’re all up here trying to clean the space, let’s try not to add to the mess.

1 Like

Bike is up for grabs, eh?

2 Likes

It was a volunteer who left the stuff while he was waiting on the correct size tiles. I am happy to call out the fact that the volunteer repaired the broken rails put in the tiles he could and fixed tiles in the old machine shop, lobby and interactive as well.

Among other things the volunteers have done:

1. Installed all of the machine shop air lines
  2. Moved the whole machine shop
  3. Moved all of Jewelry
  4. Moved all of ceramics
  5. Moved the Glass kilns
  6. Set up the flex area, galley, classrooms and common room for social distancing
  7. Ran cable for security cameras
  8. Hung the security cameras
  9. Moved all of the 3d Printers so we could contribute PPE to local hospitals at no cost to the hospitals
  10. Placed and hooked up all of the power drops in the new work areas
  11. Made and hung power drop cables
  12. Mixed and filled sanitizer for use throughout the space
  13. Hung and wired all of the ventilation for Jewelry, Glass and Ceramics
  14. Blew out the drains on all of the AC units on the roof
  15. Managed electrical, plumbing, AC and fire alarm contractors
  16. Kept up with machine maintenance through the shutdown
  17. Installed an RFID system for the machine shop
  18. Set up the new Plastics shop
  19. Upgraded the ventilation for the Zing laser

I know it’s not the “Call out” you wanted, but its the Call Out you are getting. The volunteers who have stepped forward have kicked serious ass. They deserve a huge shout out for their awesome work.

18 Likes

Cranky ol…

I wouldn’t disagree with giving them a shout out at all and I have seen some awesome work done. I do think when things like this happen it’s worth the person who did it to step up and say, yeah I did, it. I shouldn’t have. “Can someone help me out with it? I need some help too.” Calling people out doesn’t have to be a negative.

If you have something to say go ahead and say it instead of trolling.

1 Like

Sorry I’ll take ownership of this huge problem. I guess I got distracted doing repairs on ceiling in the rest of the space. I’ll try to be more careful next time I’m working my butt off trying to get the space ready to open.

7 Likes

Welcome to DMS leadership.

5 Likes

Here’s the callout: thank you!!

4 Likes

Well said @grahamb. Since I too often jump to the “Hand me m pitchfork” solution, this is another reminder that, while every picture tells a story (great Faces album, BTW), it often is the whole story.

1 Like