Grab a Gun P938 Giveaway

In case anyone is interested to possibly win a P938, if inappropriate please delete.

https://grabagun.com/giveaway

3 Likes

Thanks for posting.

@richcase have you ever asked the guys at GAG how many people enter these giveaways? I wonder if the odds are in the 1 in 1000 or 1 in 100,000+ range? I know GAG does the majority of their business online, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the odds were huge. But, they are our local store, so the odds might not be that bad.

I’ve only met the owner once (he has a wicked 65 or 66 Mustang Fastback with a Coyote in it, but I digress). Unsure the odds, but i know i’m entering as often as I recall and forwarded it to everyone I know. The GAG facebook page has over 102K likes, so the odds are low.

But, I did personally win a G19 from Templar Ordinance in Farmers Branch so say gotta be in it to win it! Never know.

1 Like

100K facebook isn’t too shabby. Similar Web estimates their traffic in the 2 mil to 3 mil a month.

So 1 in 100K probably isn’t too unlikely of odds on a 1 month contest for them.

Congrats on the Templar Ordinance win, I think they are only in store sales and likely have better odds given that. Plus, they are new to the market and likely running a higher marketing budget at the start of their shop.

Thanks!

That is some crazy traffic GAG is getting, good for them.

2 Likes

Yeah,
They are my favorite place to price check and buy from. We are lucky they are one of our local shops.

1 Like

Note that to be eligible to win, you must also “like” their FB page.

1 Like

Ah yes, brand engagement so that you get a steady stream of propaganda on your feed - as do your friends - and they get access to whatever Zuck thinks they need to know about you.

No thanks. The offers aren’t that enticing.

1 Like

“Liking” being a condition of entry does put an upper limit on the number of entries, and hence the odds of winning. They also do a giveaway every month, so the total entries this month is likely much lower than the total LIKES for their FB account.

You can’t win if you don’t enter.

1 Like

True, and it’s not like buying lottery tickets week in and week out, but the value proposition just isn’t there for me.

+1

I think I’m done with purchasing/acquiring more anyway… there’s only one left on my list to buy - a lever action rifle.

Ah. Of course! :wink:

Oh.
That was a letdown.
I assumed you were going here:

(image obtained from here)

3 Likes

I got the reference and actually LOL’ed.

2 Likes

Nah… I want a real .30-.30. The kind with a mule kick.

On another note… Are you going to wear the bunny suit your aunt made you up to DMS?

1 Like

The US Concealed Carry Association has been running many ads on the radio for their gun giveaways.

Make sure and wear safety goggles.

I can bring one up at the next range event.
Also I forgot the factory loaded ammunition for it was about a 1$ a round the last time that I shot it. (2011)

1 Like