Got e-waste? Let's get it recycled

When I was at a local event the other week I ran into the owners of Texas Technology Recycling. They were trying to get people to sign up to get their e-waste picked up for free. I spoke to them briefly about the space and how we are all hoarders of e-waste and likely could have a large turnout if they wanted to come by and pick it up. At this time, the freebee shelf is about 80% e-waste so that at the very least can be recycled. I figured we could set up a time for them to swing by and make it a “bring out your dead” event. Any thoughts?

3 Likes

we used to have something like that set up for the space, and then the recycler cancelled us because the giant pallet box kept getting filled with garbage because we ruin all good ideas

-edit i think its a good idea and we should ecycle the donation shelf frequently

I could work on that. I always prefer that unwanted things be recycled. However, DMS folks should get first crack at the stuff. You want to pm me their contact info?

I figure that this Tuesday I’ll go tag things, and then in 30 days we’ll ready to recycle what’s left.

3 Likes

If there was a straightforward process available to members where we could bring in ewaste and tag/box/place/other it for this company to pick up in some fashion that would be grand. At times I have things that I know are broken and probably not something suitable for the freebie shelf.

It would be really nice if recycling srvc would take old fluorescent ballast. We probably have close to 100 lbs and counting. I really don’t like hauling them out to the dumpster. We are recycling the old fluorescent bulbs.

1 Like

I think an e-waste drop off event would work great! Plus it means we don’t have to store stuff between the drop off time and collection, so no chance of people thinking it’s a trash pile.

4 Likes