Google sued under Anti-Trust Laws

Viola:

google_complaint_filed_0.pdf (1.1 MB)

It seems the plaintiffs are all from red states?

What about youtube which is also a Google property, is Google like AT&T where they just provide a platform for others to speak or can they censor those who they deem as hate speech etc? For instance, AT&T doesn’t turn off your phone because someone is politically incorrect, but Youtube does.

I think our notion of what a “red state” is will change in a week.

There’s too much to unpack in a reply post here, but I think your issues go beyond the scope of the lawsuit.

Meh… Apple controls just as much on their platform. You can buy a non-Android phone or tablet if you wish. You can use a different search engine. Their platforms are moderated and as such aren’t 100% free speech. If you don’t like YouTube then there are other video platforms to use.

2 Likes

It’s not like Google conspired to buy out trolley and local passenger rail lines, ripped them out overnight, and sold GM diesel buses to the cities to pollute the air and sell Firestone Tires, Standard Oil diesel and oil products, etc.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Speak it Comrade

fic-tglc

1 Like

We’re on the same team even if we disagree on who should be president.

Having had several random-walk conversations with @Lordrook that meandered in and out of politics, the silliness of ideological stances, and people/human nature in general, I think you are (understandably) probably jumping to a conclusion on what his preference for president is.

Informed by said conversations, I took his post above, like a lot of his others when he is not specifically offering maker advice, etc., as tongue-in-cheek or maybe simply a “virtual quip” or riff off of the term “Red State” and it’s connotations with Russia rather than conservative things in U.S.

Just my $.02 based on a pretty good amount of personal interaction with him.

Your observation is true, Though I didn’t really get a vibe that Luke was pushing against my post, I think he was adding to the conversation. I think he saw my tongue in cheek jab about Russian influence and added an article that discusses it. I agree that regardless of anyone’s political leaning, confirmed opinion swaying from foreign countries is problematic.

3 Likes

Yes, It’s possible I assume something there as well! Mea Culpa.

I liked the article…that point being made there is something I have been aware of since 2016. To me it was pointing out that the ruskies, aka “our primary geopolitical foes!!”, aka “Red Menace!!”, aren’t really trying to sway opinion either way, which is what make is so trusting to here over and over that they are trying to get Trump elected. They appear to me to be focused on trying to undermine U.S. confidence in the elections as opposed to trying to get either/or elected.

I think we are trying similar counter psy-ops where our agents are attempting to ruin the national strategic reserves of borscht by seasoning it with fennel. Effing diabolical!! USA! USA!

Some Borscht is deadly!

Season the BORSCHT all you want to - all you’re going to do is cause corrosion and possibly a resistive fault.

1 Like