Good people to watch: The Cedars Union Artist Incubator

Yesterday, I took a group of students out into the art world of Dallas. First stop was a foam sculptor who has no website but is fantastic - if you want to see his work go to The Dragons Ball this weekend (I would link it but my internet is blocking it for adult content - just search it up yourself). Our last stop was to talk and see the work of Riley Holloway whom just makes my art heart swoon. Seriously. Delicious. Works.
He has a studio at The Cedars Union. Frankly - they seem to be doing SO much SO fast SO well. I was bright eyed the entire time. The executive director walked us around with solid pride. A good model of maker opportunities - keep an eye on the place for sure. They just purchased a massive building next to the building they currently occupy and have all the plans and all the actions to build it out. They showed us the blueprints they shared the plan of action they explained the whole potato to the kids. I’m watching to see if any job opportunities pop up…ya, I was THAT impressed with the direction and mission. It’s going to be a multi-million dollar build out. If they pull it off (which it sounds like they are just about to pull it off) it’s going to be just shitballs awesome.

3 Likes

Este? (click for webpage)

Tix

Yassssssssssssss that’s it get your party pants on! Or for this party - your party chaps on.

No judgement by me.

1 Like

Wow. Thx for posting link to that artist. Very gifted. I enjoyed poking around his website. Especially liked the paper stuff and some of his notes and thoughts. All of it is very striking though.